Monday, September 5, 2011

See you in four days...

Cryptic photo, which station am I at? (10 points for a correct answer)

Show me, show you! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-mJed_bP0)

I was in London a couple of weeks ago when I happened to stumble across a small takeaway stand selling Japanese rice balls (onigiri), which was a pleasant surprise. Whilst found in every single convenience store in Japan,  you rarely find onigiri outside of Japan. At least in Sydney you don't, despite there being no shortage of sushi shops selling regular rolls...

What's the big deal about a ball of rice in seaweed? I dont know how, but they taste so good! The perfect on-the-go snack, or even a fully-fledged meal. Very handy.

The problem is I can never open these properly. No.1 is fine, the strip down the middle. No.2 is fine as well. It's No.3 that's the problem - the plastic corner always gets stuck in between nori and rice. Is this meant to happen?


The salmon filling in this one wasn't setting the world on fire, but the seaweed and rice was pretty good. Again, I just can't explain why.


The shop is a chain that seems to operate in London stations. Shame they didn't have any adventurous flavours. Only things like tuna and mayo, or teriyaki chicken... I wish there was stuff like spicy mentaiko. Mmm.

-----

It's been far far too long since I've last blogged... I was lying on the beach in Italy (valid excuse?) Apologies to the estimated 1.5 people that may have missed my absence. I do intend to blog regularly from here on (unlike a certain communitychannel) - I literally have 20 folders of photos for 20 blogposts I mean to write. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. I'd also guess Waterloo, but I've only been there once...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is Waterloo! How did you guys know? I guess it's 5 points each then =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roof in the first picture ? I had to wait there for some time, until the number of my platform appeared ; the black information screens on the right of the first picture probably are those I was standing in front of.

    ReplyDelete