Monday, July 11, 2011

Michaelhouse Cafe, Cambridge


How much would you pay for this quiche of the day (asparagus and pine nut), rosemary roast potatoes and three types of salad?

£6? £8? Maybe even £10?


I'm meeting DW, the pirate and Lady G at Michaelhouse Cafe after a nice swim at the outdoor pool at Jesus Green, and whilst I'm pretty sure the menu at the counter says £7.85, I only get charged £3.95 to my surprise.

"They probably just made an error." is the conclusion we come to.

But no, the receipt reads "CHP LATE HT SPEC". Translating from receipt-world-language, that reads cheap late hot special. Michaelhouse has a "hungry student deal" from 2:30 - 3pm, where all remaining hot food goes for £3.95. Amazing! And delicious too...


Too bad I'm usually working at 2:30 - 3 pm. (don't ask me why I wasn't this day)

Michaelhouse Cafe
Trinity Street
Cambridge CB2 1SU
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 309147
http://www.michaelhousecafe.co.uk/

View Larger Map

2 comments: